Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world. James 1:27
- Widows are the fastest growing demographic in America.
- Nearly 800,000 a year lose their spouse.
- After the loss of a spouse, widows lose 75% of their support system.
- 12.3% of widows live in poverty
- 60% experience serious health issues and the hospitalization rate is 600x higher than average,
- 1/3 meet the criteria for clinical depression within the first few months after the death of their husbands.
Widows of Faith at Restoration Church is a group designed to meet the unique needs of widows of any age in a non-professional capacity.
We recognize the vulnerabilities and difficulties faced by grieving widows. Widows of Faith offers Biblical, practical, sensitive information and encouragement from widows who have navigated through the trauma of losing the love of their life.
Connecting to other widows can be a powerful force of encouragement, wisdom and moving forward. In addition to regular meeting, with study of relevant topics, there are activities planned for socialization and fellowship.